[Owasp-delhi] Security Testing of Stand-Alone Apps

Sandeep Gupta sandeep.gupta at agreeya.com
Tue May 26 00:23:36 EDT 2009

HI Arun,
  What you want to achieve after putting security in standalone application?

1.       Is there any internet communication from your application?

2.       OR do you connect to internet from that PC, where your application is running?

See if it is standalone PC and application, windows itself provides security mechanism so that no one can login and use your  application.
If you want to protect your application from spam other attacks, there are different ways to protect them.

Please do clarify more on your objectives and when you say a client, does it connect to server anywhere out of your local network or within local network ?

Thanks
Sandeep Gupta