[Owasp-dallas] [Owasp-leaders] apple hacked hope it brings more attention to application security for owasp

Abbas Naderi abbas.naderi at owasp.org
Mon Jul 22 02:30:15 UTC 2013

I read your post Matt,
I'm sorry to see you upset about this, but your conclusion is not right. These days, hackers are a big step ahead of security experts. I've been both for 10 years now, and I've seen APTs target biggies and take them down eventually.
You should know that Ubuntu forums was also hacked and 1.8 million user informations were leaked.

Unless a generic approach which increases overal security of Internet and applications is made, life is going to be like this. This last yaer, many countries increased penalties for cybercrimes by a huge factor, implying that cyber attacks are on a rapid rise, and are getting very dangerous and effective.

Finding security bugs just turned from a Wall of Fame hobby to a serious cash maker, and there are cartels created around it now. You're living in US, and it seems nice and safe, but I've seen the real deal (don't tell that to anyone though).

Sorry again to see you disturbed,
-Abbas