[Owasp-dallas] Penetration testing

Mike.McGilvray at Foundstone.com Mike.McGilvray at Foundstone.com
Fri Sep 30 17:58:14 EDT 2011

Shaun / Wayne,

I'd be happy to put you guys in touch with one of our Foundstone sales reps who can get you each a quote. OWASP was started by a former Foundstone employee named Mark Curphey and I can promise you we won't just be running Nessus & Nikto. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike McGilvray
972.837.3049 (Mobile)

From: owasp-dallas-bounces at lists.owasp.org [mailto:owasp-dallas-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of Shaun Zinck
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 4:37 PM
To: wayne at photographic.org
Cc: owasp-dallas
Subject: Re: [Owasp-dallas] Penetration testing

Hi Wayne

The company I work for is also looking for a provider who can do a security assessment of 1 or 2 of our external facing web applications.  In your search, did you find any companies worth mentioning, or does anyone else on the list have other suggestions that haven't been mentioned before? (I will look at the previously mentioned companies - just didn't know if anything new has popped up)

Our needs are for a vulnerability scan/security assessment of one or two production web applications, so not destructive penetration tests.  Also, we won't be able to give access to our source code.

Thanks
Shaun Zinck

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Wayne <waynegs at gmail.com<mailto:waynegs at gmail.com>> wrote:
Just wondering if there is a company/person out there someone could recommend for a penetration test.  In the past we have hired some that just run Nessus and call it a day.

I would love to find one that puts a little more effort into the testing.

Thanks,

Wayne