[Owasp-csrfguard] CSRFGuard IE8 compatibility

Rajesh Punjabi rajesh_punjabi at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 8 18:25:15 UTC 2013

Hi All,
I am also struggling to make this work on IE 8.  If anyone has made progress please share with the community.
Appreciate your help,Rajesh

From: tom.a.barber at gmail.com
To: sridharvedhana at gmail.com
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 19:20:37 +0100
CC: owasp-csrfguard at lists.owasp.org
Subject: Re: [Owasp-csrfguard] CSRFGuard IE8 compatibility

Hi, Upon finding a similar issue to that you detailed below previously I stumbled across this email you sent last year. Were you able to make progress on this? Our application has to support IE8 L My issue specifically is that in IE8 the tokens are not being attached to XMLHttpRequest headers, within the override of the XMLHttpRequest.prototype.onsend  within the js. Thanks
Tom ---------------------------------------------------- Hi, At the outset, I want to congratulate OWASP for its efforts in getting aframework available for CSRF anti-tokens. This is really a plug-and-playkind of implementation. But then, I am facing an issue with the same while implementing the samefor IE8 browser. I get an error related toXMLHttpRequest.prototype.openis not an object. Later I found that, IE8 doesnt have proper Event handling API. Please letme know what is the way forward on this issue.   Yours sincerely, Sridhar Vedhanabatla