[OCC] [Committees-chairs] ZDNet (ISC)2 Author?

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at owasp.org
Mon Jul 4 00:53:27 EDT 2011

Jason,

http://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/recap-2nd-owasp-conference-030909
was initially published on ThreatPost i.e. not from a feed.

Ryan Naraine is possibly the most read (i.e. approx ~35K subscribers)
and is fairly independent from Kaspersky i.e. ThreatPost didn't
contact Eugene Kaspersky for a quote regarding
http://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/hacking-demo-facebook-photos-leads-arrest-and-privacy-questions-051811
even though he was in attendance at AusCERT 2011.

Ryan also won a Pwnie in 2008 for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHxyHlFZ778

If OWASP wants to reach an audience outside of our existing feed then
it would be therefore be in our interests to hire a trained PR
professional who has a relationship with the tech press.