[OCC] [Committees-chairs] ZDNet (ISC)2 Author?

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at owasp.org
Fri Jul 1 20:12:06 EDT 2011

Jason,

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Jason Li <jason.li at owasp.org> wrote:
> I'm glad that you felt compelled to conduct some web reconnaissance on this
> issue, but that's not really what I was asking.
> My rhetorical question was how did it come about that a ZD Net blogger
> (regardless of the identity/source of that blogger) became so enamored with
> (ISC)2?
> And then my actual question to the Connections Committee was what can we do
> as OWASP attain similar mindshare, visibility and prominence?

I suspect that (ISC)2 reached a commercial arrangement with CBS
Interactive (owner of ZDNet) to publish a blog.

Ryan Naraine of http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security has republished
contributions from OWASP before with the appropriate disclaimer i.e.
http://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/recap-2nd-owasp-conference-030909
and http://threatpost.com/en_us/category/article-tags/owasp

--
Regards,