[OCC] [press:49] ZDNet (ISC)2 Author?

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Fri Jul 1 15:08:23 EDT 2011

Tom,

I think Jim wants to get an order of magnitude to frame the vision for the
Connections Committee.

Right now, what you've asked him to do is completely open ended.

An OWASP PR initiative can be as small as submitting an article for
publication on a single news site, or as large as trying to buy airtime on
TV networks for fully produced video commercials to promote OWASP.

There's no point in having the Connections Committee put together an RFI/RFQ
for a huge public relations effort if there's no feasible way that OWASP can
pay for it.

The legitimate question is - on what scale are we looking for? Obviously
professionally produced commercials on network TV is completely
unreasonable... but what *is* "reasonable"?

-Jason