[OCC] FW: Fw: OWASP's committing to active support of ConSec'10

Lorna Alamri lorna.alamri at owasp.org
Fri Feb 12 17:34:14 EST 2010

I have a lot of different thoughts and they conflict - so bear with me.

That's a lot of money for one region, but what does the $1000 buy OWASP?
Global Connections Committe? Austin OWASP Chapter?

   - How many attend?
   - What are the demographics? Just security people? Developers?
   - How many presentations in one track?

Who's budget should the $$ come from?

   - OWASP Foundation
   - Austin OWASP Chapter
   - Global Connections Committee

I'm wondering would ConSec let you get sponsors for the track? Or if you
recruit so many appsec sponsors will they waive the fee?
Can you get 4 vendor sponsors to pay $250 or 5 at $200 each to sponsor the
track? A local rep for web app firewall or app scanner should be able to
expense a couple of hundred with no problem.  That's what we do for the MSP
event. -we just set it up on paypal through Kate. What the sponsor got from
us was their logo on our OWASP chapter page, a banner in the room displayed
at the front and they could send lit or trinkets for us to put in a OWASP
paper bag that was handed out to everyone who attended. You'll also want to
have a way that people who come to the tracks have a way to be added to the
Austin Chapter mailing list.

Lorna

--
Lorna Alamri