[OCC] press release/newsletter pages, request for assistance with at least home page items

Boberski, Michael [USA] boberski_michael at bah.com
Fri Feb 12 13:36:56 EST 2010

Hi,

As an FYI, please see: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Newsletter#tab=Press_releases

... and I need help with at least the following items that were discussed earlier in the thread below, included for reference:

1. Please change "Newsletters" to "News" on the OWASP home page
2. Please change "OWASP newsletters periodically report on OWASP events, projects, people, tools, updates to the wiki, and more application security news." to "News of OWASP events, projects, people, tools, updates to the wiki, and more."

I don't have the bandwidth to try to investigate/resolve putting out a proper press release, so all I was able to manage was my own using email lists and Jim helping me with putting a copy on the OWASP blog. It's having the initial desired effect but I feel that this is hardly the best that we as a team/community can do, in my opinion. <== friendly challenge to this committee

I would eagerly make use of additional facilities if you can help put things into place. I'm not sure what else I can do other than to push on with parts and facilities that I can personally access. You could also work on things like a template, for that start with the original email with the original version of the Guide news release, had additional features like a burb about OWASP at the bottom and so on, here's the link, although the original email had some additional formatting which is lost in the archived version: https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-guide/2010-February/000882.html Add procedures based on what happened here, e.g. step 1 mail list, step 2 OWASP blog, step 3 update news wiki. Etc...

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Mike B.

________________________________
Cc: owasp-connections-committee at lists.owasp.org

Very nice Mike!  Thanks!

OCC I love the momentum.  Let's keep it going!

Kate Hartmann
OWASP Operations Director
9175 Guilford Road
Suite 300