[OCC] [OWASP - SSB] Extending Survey Deadline until Dec 31st

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Tue Feb 2 19:52:52 EST 2010

(also CCing OCC (OWASP Connections Committee)

Thanks for the links and info .

I definitely agree that we should figure out a way to give this more
exposure.

Lorna (OWASP's PR department :)  ) , can you work with Boaz and Jeremiah on
the following ideas:

   - Text to be included on the next OWASP newsletter
   - email to owasp-leaders list asking them to help (to be sent when Boaz
   and Jeremiah are ready)
   - (talk with Kate about the next email to owasp-all (all email registered
   at an OWASP mailing list) and see if we can add a link in there about this)
   - Create a WIKI page to help with the 'outreach' activities related to
   this project's survey (i.e. a WIKI page similar to the one we talked about
   the OWASP Top in today's OCC call)
      - Add to the WIKI page a number of 'sample blog and twitter' entries
      so that our community can easy use them on their blogs or twitter accounts

Boaz and Jeremiah, can you guys provide more details on what are the next
steps? (for example is the survey ready to go? has it been already used? do
you still need a couple months to get it ready?,etc..)

Question: Why didn't we create a book with the results of the previous
surveys:
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Security_Spending_Benchmarks#Q2_Report_Published_-_Focus_on_Cloud_Computing
(that
is something that has quite a lot of value and could expose this project's
results to a much wider community)

Dinis Cruz