[OCC] (we need help! and 'who else to connect?)Re: Mozilla @ App Sec 2010

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Mon Aug 30 06:23:29 EDT 2010

Hi, please, see below an email I just sent Chris Hofmann (first Mozilla
employee https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketing_Workspace#Chris_Hofmann ) and
Michael Coates (who is also going to read this one :)  )

Given the amount of talent that is going to be next week at the OWASP AppSec
USA (for more names see http://www.appsecusa.org/) I really think that we
should make an effort to connect them and have a bunch of productive work
sessions/meetings/conversations.

*This is also a great oportunity to 'recruit' to OWASP a number of high
profile players by exposing them to our community, passion and projects.
*
Although some of this always happens at our conferences, I think the time as
come for us to be much more strategic and focused on these efforts (*for
example who should Chenxi Wang, Bill Cheswick , Wily Hacke, David Rice, H.D.
Moore, ... , XYZ  meet while at the conference?*)

Now, the conference guys (Tin, Cassio, Richard, Neil) are already completely
focused on making the event a success (which is inself a HUGE amount of
work), so we can't put any of these tasks and ideas on them :)

That means that the place to be is the
OWASP-Connections-Committee<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Connections_Committee>which
is currently made of Lorna Alamri , Robert Hansen, Justin Clarke , Jim
Manico and Martin Knobloch , BUT NEEDS YOUR HELP. So if you want to be
involved (or can help with the Irvine event) please join the
owasp-connections-committee
mailing list<https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-connections-committee>today
and join the team

Thanks