[OWASP-Columbia] OWASP Columbia Chapter Meeting - June 7th, 2018

Andrew Corey Grant andrewcoreygrant at gmail.com
Wed May 23 13:15:10 UTC 2018

I'll be glad to record the meetup. There are a couple of options that I
have found to work. One would be to record the screen of the presenters
computer. This would require that a screen capture program (such as OBS
https://obsproject.com/ ). OBS can be used to record to local storage for
editing and then upload later or streamed to a platform like YouTube,
Twitch, etc. Using OBS allows for limited interaction from remote viewers
because of the delay between live and stream.

The other option (and my preferred) would be to use a YouTube live event
which creates a Google Hangout. The invite link to the Google Hangout can
be sent to people that want to join remotely and the recording will
automatically be uploaded to YouTube. There are some post editing feature
available from the YouTube studio but they are limited at best. With this
option I could host the Hangout and just have the OWASP presenter join the
Hangout.

Not sure if the Columbia chapter has a YouTube account or is interested in
creating one. ColaSec does have one if we want to use ours. I don't suppose
there would be any issues there other than folks having to look up ColaSec
instead of OWASP to get to the videos. We would also be glad to throw a
blog post up on the colasec.org site to get some additional eyes on the
recording.

--
Andrew Corey Grant
Cell: (803) 834-9169