[Owasp-codereview] Code Review Guide: Update

Marco M. Morana marco.m.morana at gmail.com
Fri May 30 22:18:33 EDT 2008

Indeed

I think have a factor on effort addresses what clients want in the metrics
of penetration testing reports besides risk severity prioritization (based
on my previous experience in consulting with Foundstone/McAfee)

Also, please do not forget that these effort formulas are purely empirical
and as such not absolute and accurate. On the other hand we all know that a
declarative change is more effort intensive then a coding change and that a
design change is more effort intensive than all above.  This is not rocket
since (even I would hope to) but common sense.

If we need more in depth rationalization on software security metrics I can
provide a paper but I think this beyond the context on what we are looking
for.

Regards

Marco M.

  _____