[Owasp-codereview] Code Review Guide: Update

Sameer Kr Mishra, Noida sameerk.mishra at hcl.in
Mon Jun 2 01:17:14 EDT 2008

It is a challenging task ahead as a simple change in any of the stages
lead to a hike in the project cost. Hence, a measure should be taken so
as to check the vulnerability of the efforts that are being chosen to
make these changes.

Yah I do agree Marco, the formulas are really empirical, It has no
correspondence to the declarative change or the effort made. A change in
the previous stages of SCM will lead to higher cost then that of the
later stages.

A proper code review with the effective implementation is really a great
task ahead. !!!!!!!!!!!!! Yah its challenging too.

Lets have mock ups on that so that we can share the ideas in between us.

Regards,

Sameer Kumar Mishra

[Pearson-Online]

________________________________

Cc: Owasp-codereview at lists.owasp.org

Hi I do agree there are external factors but we cant take into account
all possible variations.

I thing some simple formula for effort of work / winfactor would be
really useful and adopted by consltancy.

Let me know what you think.

On 30/05/2008, Paolo Perego <thesp0nge at gmail.com> wrote:

2008/5/29 Eoin <eoin.keary at owasp.org>:
[snip]
> Severity  * Effort required to fix  = Win Factor (Easy win to fix)
>  -> This maps to a grid severity Vs Effort (like a risk matrix) shaded
areas
> should be addressed.

Eoin, don't you thinks that "Effort required to fix" it depends to non
predictable external factors such as (how many people the development
team is comprised from? how much skills the developers have?)? It will
be difficult (IMHO) to formalize a score for "fixing effort" in order
to use for our Win Factor score.

What's your opinion about this?

On about Taxonomy or Vulnerability categories, I started writing
something on paper yesterday and I hope in this weekend to populate
some part of the wikipage so Marco, I'll gave the link and than we can
start a thread in mailing list talking about this topic.

Ciao ciao
thesp0nge

--
Eoin Keary OWASP - Ireland