[Owasp-cincinnati] RSVP For Tomorrow Meeting

James Walden james.walden at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 10:07:13 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Edward Sumerfield
<esumerfd at bitbashers.org> wrote:
> 1)  When teaching subjects targeted at software developers what about
> doing it as an outreach to each user group in town. If you go to the
> CinJUG or CinNUG groups you are guaranteed a 30+ attendance. Then
> there are PHP, Ruby, Python, SQL and on and on. Every technology has
> it's enthusiasts and none of them come to OWASP meetings.
>
> You could look at it as an annual OWASP outreach program. You built
> it, they didn't come, so we better go to them :-)

I've given a few security talks at user groups and they have been well
received.  I think this type of outreach is a good idea for OWASP.

> 2) From an advertising perspective, there is a new resource in town
> called tech-life. We had a big meeting of all the user groups in town
> and agreed to share our schedules in a common location so that it's
> easier to everyone to get a central picture of what is going on.
> Perhaps OWASP could adds it's info there as well.
>
>    http://www.meetup.com/TechLife-Cincinnati/

Thanks for the link.   I had wished that Cincinnati had something like
Portland's Calagator--their user groups got together and wrote an open
source web app to track their combined events.  It's at
http://calagator.org/.

James Walden