[Owasp-cincinnati] RSVP For Tomorrow Meeting

Marco M. Morana marco.m.morana at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 20:22:36 EDT 2009

Hi Ed

Thanks for your input, I appreciate any positive or negative and I think
yours is mostly positive. Let me reply point to point briefly:
1) I will move the next meeting to the evening 6 PM to accommodate other
attendees schedule as well
2) Content of the meetings. I am sorry did not address what you are looking
for, this year topics have been democratically selected from the survey I
did back at the beginning of the calendar
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Cincinnati#OWASP_Chapter_Meeting_Topics_Selec
tion_For_2009_.28Mailing_List_Poll.29
I hope I can fit some of the topics of your interest in next year calendar
3) regarding Gary's colorful take on developers..I do not think Gary
seriously think that as he does not think I hope that all Italian are
communists.. it might said that as provocation for a discussion. If you look
at the BSIMM (http://www.bsi-mm.com/) that Gary created certainly has
developers need consideration on what it takes to get software security,
least not last training software developers and provide them tools and
processes.

Regarding the "industry" misunderstanding on how to build security in and
what it takes, I think the mission of OWASP is exactly to make sure it is
understood what it takes in terms of process, people and tools. Nevertheless
you might argue that we are making or not making progress.

I invite you to take this as topic for conversation to one of the next
forums if you are interested

Hope this help, thanks

Marco