[Owasp-cincinnati] Thanks For Your Participation to the OWASP-Fortify Sponsored Meeting

Marco M. Morana marco.m.morana at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 07:14:13 EDT 2008

Joe

It will be nice if we can coordinate a presentation on SQL injection with Dr
Walden since he expressed desire to cover this topic during the summer.

On the calendar I have CSRF for May, Marco Morana & John Fellers.
The tentative calendar is
2) June Software Security Enhanced Process Models: Marco Morana
3) July: CAPTCHA Marco Morana + TBD or SQL Injection/Walden-Combs
4) August: SQL Injection/Walden-Combs or ESAPI/TBD
5) September: ESAPI/TBD or ??
6) October: Application Security Testing/Marco + TBD
7) November:TBD
9) December: not sure we need a presentation maybe just get together event..

Also I encourage taking the trail of discussion we started at the last
meeting and use the mailing list to exchange ideas/experiences/perspectives.

I think we discussed:
1) Is the public perception of a company security breach a factor in making
a company more secure (TJ Maxx example)

2) How much software security comes from strategy or technology, when
security will be become a feature built into the product not an added on as
a 'sexy" feature

3) How much compliance and liability are factors in driving software
security (liability contracts for security bugs, PCI compliance)

What I also would like to encourage is to reach out software development
companies/consulting in the tri-state area since I do not think OWASP is
well represented in that area. We also lack any P&G and GE representation.
Probably this is something that Andy Erickson can help me out with (local
PR). Any ideas?

Regards

Marco