[Owasp-chicago] Looking for speakers for August OWASP Chicago meeting

Ed Bellis ed.bellis at orbitz.com
Mon Jun 30 12:17:37 EDT 2008

Hi Cory,

I sent a response to your email last week, but I haven¹t heard back so
wanted to ensure you received this. I have a few speakers that would be
interested in presenting at the OWASP Chicago meet-up in August. Jeremiah
Grossman and Trey Ford from Whitehat Security as well as Rohyt Belani from
the Intrepidus Group (phishme.com). Below are some bios and related links:

Jeremiah Grossman founded WhiteHat Security in August 2001.

An internationally recognized security expert, Mr. Grossman is a frequent
speaker at security industry events including RSA, CSI NetSec, Black Hat,
ISACA Network Security Conference, ISSA and Defcon. He is a popular security
media resource, featured in USA Today, The Washington Post, InformationWeek
and on NBC news, and was recently named a ³friend of Google.² Mr. Grossman
is also an influential blogger (www.jeremiahgrossman.blogspot.com) who
offers insight and encourages open dialogue regarding current research and
vulnerability trend information. He frequently alerts the media community to
the latest attacks and is not only able to offer in-depth commentary that
usually finds its way into their stories, but can also provide his
perspective of what¹s to come.

Grossman is also a founding member of the Web Application Security
Consortium (WASC). Prior to WhiteHat, Mr. Grossman was an information
security officer at Yahoo!.

Trey Ford: Director of Solutions Architecture Whitehat Security
http://treyford.wordpress.com/

Rohyt Belani Managing Partner

Rohyt Belani is a Managing Partner and co-founder of the Intrepidus Group.
Prior to founding the Intrepidus Group, Rohyt started and ran Mandiant¹s New
York City operations. During the last 7 years, he has worked at premier
information security organizations like Foundstone and the US-CERT.

Rohyt is a regular speaker at various industry conferences, including Black
Hat, OWASP, Hack-In-The-Box, InfoSec World, and several forums catering to
the FBI and US Secret Service agents. He currently teaches a class at
Carnegie Mellon University, and has been invited to guest lecture at the
University of Wisconsin on the topic of information security.

He is a contributing author for Osborne's Hack Notes ­ Network Security, as
well as Addison Wesley's Extrusion Detection: Security Monitoring for
Internal Intrusions. As an industry expert he has opined on security issues
via columns for online publications like SecurityFocus and SC magazine, and
radio interviews with BBC.

Rohyt holds an undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering from Bombay
University and a Masters in Information Networking from Carnegie Mellon
University. He currently leads the OWASP Java Project a world-wide
consortium of Java security experts. He has achieved the Certified
Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.

Possible topic from Rohyt is "Bad Cocktail: Application Security Flaws +
Targeted Phishing"

Please let me know if the group is interested and I will get these guys
lined up and confirmed once we have a data and time.

These guys always give really great talks and I think it would be very
beneficial to OWASP Chicago.

Thanks,

Ed Bellis
VP, Chief Information Security Officer
Orbitz Worldwide
312.894.6743 p
312.894.5001 f
ed.bellis at orbitz.com e

Management, Developers, Security Professionals ­ can only result in one
thingŠŠ better app security.
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_NYC_AppSec_2008_Conference Sept
22nd-25th 2008