[Owasp-cert] Deadlines for August

Gary Palmer owasp at getmymail.org
Thu Jul 31 01:53:05 EDT 2008

Oops, you are right, possibly they have a deal for non-profits?  They take
each paper submitted and add it to their database, so they would benefit
from our using it.  But the schools we work for have paid for access so I
have no knowledge of the pricing or options.  They have different pricing
tiers, but you have to talk to someone to get a quote or see if non-profits
get a break.

Cheers,
Gary

  _____

To: owasp-cert at lists.owasp.org

Well put, Gary.

<...>

On point #3 I too am for the idea of some kind of long essay, thesis,
research/white paper, etc. at an expert level of certification which is
reviewed by a 'board'. There should be some more objective points that must
be included in the work, but the way in which it's included and the
intellectual content of the work will have to be at least somewhat
subjectively scored. If by an odd-numbered panel, the majority can rule on
pass/fail. Perhaps failing work should be published just like passing work
so that potential candidates can see what kind of work will not pass. The
one problem I saw with the SANS paper requirement was that it had/has a
multi-month timeframe--it would be difficult to prove beyond a doubt that
the exam candidate did the work alone, without others' help. Subtle
plagiarism may also be difficult to ascertain.
<...>