[Owasp-cert] Lurkers on our email lists

Chris W. Rea chris.w.rea at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 14:16:17 EDT 2008

Hi everybody.  I'm Chris W. Rea, one of those lurking so far (but I
did do the survey :-).

I am a web application software development consultant in the Toronto,
Canada area.  While I don't focus exclusively on security work, high
on my list has always been the idea of doing a project right the first
time, especially with respect to security design and implementation.
I've witnessed too many projects where security was an afterthought,
or something relegated to network people who only considered perimeter
security or automated scanning tools.

I'm particularly interested in seeing this certification succeed in
the marketplace so that other developers will take web application
security more seriously.  We need more developers in the industry to
care about, understand, and know how to implement better application
security.  We are still a tiny minority.

Regards,

Chris W. Rea
chris.w.rea at gmail.com