[Owasp-cert] Deadlines for August

Matthew Chalmers matthew.chalmers at owasp.org
Sun Jul 27 22:49:30 EDT 2008

I'm afraid I don't understand. I work for Rockwell Automation. I don't speak
for them and I don't want anyone to assume I am speaking for them if I don't
explicitly say so. I don't have any problem with anybody in OWASP refraining
from volunteering their employer's name. I don't see what benefit there is
in requiring everyone on this project, or everyone who submits exam content
for consideration, to give their employer's name. Some people might not even
have one, and that shouldn't mean they can't help.

Whether my company gives, or companies in general give, permission to use
the name associated with submitting exam content for this cert, or for any
other reason in connection with OWASP, doesn't mean I want to or have to. My
ideas and opinions are my own when it comes to volunteering with OWASP and
my employer has nothing to do with it. Your point #4 below makes no sense to
me.

Matt