[Owasp-cert] Introduction

Matthew Chalmers matthew.chalmers at owasp.org
Fri Jul 25 23:32:31 EDT 2008

I was never any good at introductions in classes and such but here goes...

Baccalaureates in psychology and philosophy (at least a couple classes
dealing with psychometrics, btw, and I also loved human factors) with minor
in computer science for which I had to learn mainframe COBOL, Rexx and S/370
assembly, hooray. Don't recall a bit of it, hooray. Been doing information
security of some sort professionally since 1995 with experience in
military/government, finance and manufacturing industries. Web app security
(ethical hacking) almost exclusively from 2001-2006, now doing IT audit.
Went through a very early pilot of the IAM cert training (then called ISSE).
Took several other info(and other)sec courses at NCS too. Created/maintained
a couple of classified web sites. Presently have CISA, GSNA, CEH and CHS-III
and working on GCFA (test in a month or so). Planning to make up the GCIH
test I never got round to taking and possibly apply to be grandfathered into
CGEIT. Heck, might take a Microsoft exam while I'm at it just to say I'm an
MCP too, woohoo. DLPT in two languages. Helped one of my last companies
develop a completely hands-on pen testing skills assessment. For same
company also helped analyse and improve Gallup Q12 scores including creating
questionnaires. Been involved with OWASP since 2004 or earlier. Oh and I
travel all over the world for my current job and have gained many insights
into cultural differences in the workplace that might help when designing a
global cert. I've also experienced a lot of foreign beer, which may not help
so much with the cert project, but there you are.

Matt