[Owasp-cert] Diversification

Matthew Chalmers matthew.chalmers at owasp.org
Fri Jul 25 19:05:35 EDT 2008

I agree. I think if we have a document of what the cert project will and
won't do this should be a bullet in the list, however it's best phrased.

Also--and I tried to cross post something from the webappsec list but
haven't seen it here yet--we should make sure not to have anything that
would confuse anyone because it's "just not done" in their contry, for
example something simple like using an email address or SSN for an
identifier, or asking a question about that--there are no SSNs (exactly)
outside the US and in some countries emails can't be used as identifiers
because it's considered personal.

We just have to make sure when questions are edited/proofed whoever does it
is aware of what to look for. Unfortunately the bigger the group of question
editors the harder it will be to maintain question 'secrecy' if that is a
goal (as it is with most certs).

Matt