[Owasp-cert] Marketing Question One

David H. dmalloc at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 25 11:46:59 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 4:45 PM,  <james at architectbook.com> wrote:
> Should certification be free to employees of organizations that sponsor
> OWASP (http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership)?

What is the purpose of the certification drive? If it is to promote
sane OWASP and to ensure that people are continually educated then
certification should be free for everyone. We would need to seek other
means of sponsorship and grants to make that happen. I personally
think that a peer reviewed model which is free to all is the best way
forward.

-d

--

benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu