[Owasp-cert] Curious Question

dlavigne6 at sympatico.ca dlavigne6 at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 24 09:28:39 EDT 2008

>If you have been a participant in the creation of other certification
>exams, what did you feel needed to be improved in terms of process?

In our experience, writing the questions was the easy (albeit
time-consuming) part. In terms of process, the most difficult bits were:

1. raising sufficient funds to cover initial costs

2. marketing awareness of the exam and its value

3. managing volunteers (i.e. finding people with the time and skills when
needed)

4. creating a core group that understands the reason for creating the exam
and keeps to that mission

In terms of what surprised me the most, it was definitely the amount of time
it takes to get things done. Once you have your time estimates, multiply by
5 and that should be closer to the reality.

Cheers,

Dru