[Owasp-cert] Deadlines for August

Christian Wenz chw at hauser-wenz.de
Thu Jul 24 04:12:05 EDT 2008

Hi all,

is Pearson VUE an option, as well? That’s what we used for the Zend certification, and a team of psychometrics was mandatory there, so maybe this is related to an ISO 17024 certification. I  don’t know about the costs though.

Best regards

Christian

Has everyone checked out the document I uploaded to the OWASP site? There are several perspectives that exist. One perspective says that Prometric makes it convenient for test takers. Another perspective says that the financial commitment required by Prometric may not be wise for OWASP to take on. Another perspective still says that the US government tends to pay for a significant portion of security-oriented exams worldwide and they will not consider Prometric exams as they are not ISO 17024 certified. Another perspective says that a US centric model doesn't matter to those outside the US and maybe they can do Prometric exams, but that makes the economic model even harder. An endless loop...