[Owasp-cape-town] [zacon-comm] Yet Another Censor Ship Bill (Got Until Thursday to Comment)

anthony olivier anthony.desmond.olivier at gmail.com
Sun May 22 16:43:48 UTC 2016

I know that the community is cautious about acting in concert against
government initiatives, partly because of the nature of this group.

However, I grew up during apartheid: this government is very similar - they
show every inclination to centralize control to their own benefit, not that
of the nation.

Nobody wants harmful material on the net, however the way in which these
fears can be used are concerning. No act that imposes censorship should
be hustled through parliament: this deserves reflective consideration by
all parties.

I support the view of Timo: each day we wait will give this government the
comfort that they can proceed without challenge. Please take action if you
agree. Don't look back later and wish you had acted while you had the
opportunity.

- Tony

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile