[Owasp-cape-town] First OWASP CPT meetup of 2016

Christo christo.goosen at owasp.org
Fri Feb 5 09:28:08 UTC 2016

Hello everyone

We will be kicking off the year for OWASP CPT with a Crypto party event.
You can read more about what a Crypto party is here: Cryptoparty
Wikipedia <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryptoParty>or read the
description below:

> Attend a CryptoParty to learn and teach how to use basic cryptography
> tools. A CryptoParty is free, public and fun. It is an open format
> where everyone is welcome independent of their age, gender or
> knowledge. People bring their computers, mobile devices, and a
> willingness to learn! *CryptoParty* is a decentralized, global
> initiative to introduce the most basic cryptography software and the
> fundamental concepts of their operation to the general public, such as
> the Tor anonymity network, public key encryption (PGP/GPG), and OTR
> (Off The Record messaging).

The meetups are mostly focused on Web application security.  If you are
a Web application security researcher, then you should certainly take
time to learn more about encrypting your communications.  Security
researchers are increasingly becoming the targets of surveillance.

Location: https://goo.gl/maps/Vik5kYExDLQ2

Date: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

Meetup link:
http://www.meetup.com/OWASP-Cape-Town-Chapter-Meetup/events/228079978/

Please bring your laptop and a friend. If you are friends with
journalists, then bring them along.

PS: 0xCOFFEE (a local hacker meetup) now has a meetup.com group to
co-ordinate their efforts. Support the great meetup of interesting minds
@ http://www.meetup.com/0xC0FFEE-Cape-Town-Hacker-Meetup/

Thanks
Christo Goosen
--