[Owasp-cape-town] [zacon-comm] B-Sides Cape Town 2015 Badge design

christo christo.goosen at owasp.org
Wed Jul 1 08:59:36 UTC 2015

Hi

Just from my perspective, if we have enough people then they can
separately work on different aspects.

For instance at Bsides last year they had talks, workshops and a CTF.
Badges could be an additional benefit to the conference as is the CTF.

It all depends on what time allows. Although from my confidence in
Philip I am sure he would be able to pull off something interesting.

All we really need is something like Philip did before with a cheap wifi
enabled chip. He used the LUA scripting to run a web server with a page
on a chip the size of around a matchbox. So in my mind we could make a
badge like that, where you connect via USB or whatever and change your
own page to display a nickname or name and then everyone else is able to
view the page and get your details if they want it.

Just some ideas I have in my head.

Obviously some of the hardware wizards could obviously pull of something
crazy.

CG