[Owasp-cape-town] [zacon-comm] Slides from 12 Aug 2015 OWASP Cape Town Meetup

Hendrik Velloen hendrik00 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 14:26:05 UTC 2015

Hi

Very Nice summary of the Metasploit framework. I like the SQLMAP section
--  don't forget about "armitage" which is the GUI interface for the
MSFconsole, quite nicely done with the capability to easily "Hail Mary" the
exploits and payloads (not always ideal, but handy in some cases).

As a side note --
if you look at using Metasploit to attack OS and Applications consider
targeting the Network Device infrastructure using "Yersinia", nice options
for MITM and DOS  --  but of course best results with Yesrinia is achieved
if you are physically on the target network already, which isn't always the
case.

--
Kind Regards
Hendrik

---If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always
more than one way to view a situation. What's true for the group is also
true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in
weakness. It's slow death. ---