[Owasp-brooklyn] Fwd: Girls Gone Wired Event

Bev Corwin bevcorwin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 02:58:13 UTC 2017

FYI:
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <beth.ritter-guth at ucc.edu>
Date: Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 11:00 AM
Subject: Girls Gone Wired Event

Can you send this out to anyone interested?  It is a free  Women’s History
Month initiative, but men and women aged 16 and up are welcome.  It’s
really meant for people with no experience, but we will have some cyber
security experts on hand to work with more advanced attendees. We will
welcome anyone else who wants to come as an expert or sponsor the event
(sponsorship is free…although it would be great to add something to the
raffle).

The EC Council is sponsoring the event.  They will be discounting their
course and exam for participants, and we are trying to get a group of 6
together to do a training/exam at Union in June.  If that is something
interesting to you or folks you know, let me know.  If we have more than 6,
that is awesome, too.  The more we have, the more the price goes down.
There really isn’t anywhere local to get the Ethical Hacking certificate,
so it is a great opportunity!

Please share with the communities that you think will benefit.

Best,

Beth RG