[Owasp-boston] Fwd: Jan 8 Meeting - Akamai 6:30

Knowlton, Mark mknowlto at akamai.com
Fri Jan 3 19:42:02 UTC 2014

Jim,
   We are all set for the Jan. OWASP meeting. See you then.

Mark Knowlton
Sr. Technical Recruiter
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF0891.F7265B80]

mknowlto at akamai.com
+1.508.498.6708

Akamai Technologies
8 Cambridge Center
Cambridge, MA 02142

Date: Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Subject: Jan 8 Meeting - Akamai 6:30
To: owasp-boston at lists.owasp.org<mailto:owasp-boston at lists.owasp.org>

News, discussion, announcements 6:30 - 7 pm

Main presentation 7 pm -  - JavaScript Verification: From Browsers to Pages

Modern web browsers implement a "private browsing" mode that is intended to leave behind no traces of a user's browsing activity on their computer. This feature is in direct tension with support for *extensions*, which let users add third-party functionality into their browser. I will discuss the scope of this problem, present our approach to verifying extensions' compliance with private browsing mode, and sketch our findings on several real, third-party extensions. I will then briefly describe the toolkit underlying our approach, and end with a sketch of a newer project, adapting this approach to the very different-seeming problem of statically catching errors when using the jQuery library.

Presented by -
Benjamin Lerner has just completed a post-doctoral research position in the PLT group at Brown University, and is now a lecturer at Northeastern University.  His research examines the challenges of analyzing client-side web programming, from the behavior of web pages down through the semantics of the browser.  He received a PhD in Computer Science from the University of Washington in 2011, building a platform to analyze conflicts between browser extensions, and a B.S. in Computer Science and Mathematics from Yale University.

pizza and soda provided by Akamai