[Owasp-boston] Fwd: Jan 8 Meeting - Akamai 6:30

Jim Weiler jim.weiler at owasp.org
Fri Jan 3 19:40:36 UTC 2014

just a reminder

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim Weiler <jim.weiler at owasp.org>
Date: Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Subject: Jan 8 Meeting - Akamai 6:30
To: owasp-boston at lists.owasp.org

News, discussion, announcements 6:30 - 7 pm

Main presentation 7 pm -  - JavaScript Verification: From Browsers to Pages

Modern web browsers implement a "private browsing" mode that is intended to
leave behind no traces of a user's browsing activity on their computer.
This feature is in direct tension with support for *extensions*, which let
users add third-party functionality into their browser. I will discuss the
scope of this problem, present our approach to verifying extensions'
compliance with private browsing mode, and sketch our findings on several
real, third-party extensions. I will then briefly describe the toolkit
underlying our approach, and end with a sketch of a newer project, adapting
this approach to the very different-seeming problem of statically catching
errors when using the jQuery library.

Presented by -
Benjamin Lerner has just completed a post-doctoral research position in the
PLT group at Brown University, and is now a lecturer at Northeastern
University.  His research examines the challenges of analyzing client-side
web programming, from the behavior of web pages down through the semantics
of the browser.  He received a PhD in Computer Science from the University
of Washington in 2011, building a platform to analyze conflicts between
browser extensions, and a B.S. in Computer Science and Mathematics from
Yale University.

pizza and soda provided by Akamai