[Owasp-boston] Owasp-boston Digest, Vol 55, Issue 1

Ziots, Edward EZiots at Lifespan.org
Wed Sep 7 17:02:54 EDT 2011


Yes that is the address for MS waltham, I believe exit 26 off 95 128
 

From: Loose Cannon [mailto:lcstyle at gmail.com] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 04:39 PM
To: owasp-boston at lists.owasp.org <owasp-boston at lists.owasp.org> 
Subject: Re: [Owasp-boston] Owasp-boston Digest, Vol 55, Issue 1 
 

Can anyone confirm the address for today's owasp meeting @ MS Waltham?

Not sure if I missed this somewhere else!


Address:
201 Jones Rd., Sixth Floor
Waltham, MA 02451 
Phone: (781) 487-6400 <tel:%28781%29%20487-6400> 
Fax: (781) 487-6600 <tel:%28781%29%20487-6600> 




"We can't stop here, this is bat country!"

--Raoul Duke


GPG 4096 Bit Public Key
www.lcstyle.net/pubkey.asc




On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 8:18 AM, <owasp-boston-request at lists.owasp.org> wrote:


	Send Owasp-boston mailing list submissions to
	       owasp-boston at lists.owasp.org
	
	To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	       https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-boston
	or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	       owasp-boston-request at lists.owasp.org
	
	You can reach the person managing the list at
	       owasp-boston-owner at lists.owasp.org
	
	When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
	than "Re: Contents of Owasp-boston digest..."
	
	
	Today's Topics:
	
	  1. OWASP Boston two Sept mtgs - 7th at MS Waltham,   14th in
	     Boston (Weiler, Jim)
	  2. Re: OWASP Boston two Sept mtgs - 7th at MS Waltham, 14th in
	     Boston (HaoQi Li)
	
	
	----------------------------------------------------------------------
	
	Message: 1
	Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 13:04:05 -0700
	From: "Weiler, Jim" <Jim.Weiler at starwoodhotels.com>
	Subject: [Owasp-boston] OWASP Boston two Sept mtgs - 7th at MS
	       Waltham,        14th in Boston
	To: <owasp-boston at lists.owasp.org>, <announcements-boston at naisg.org>
	Message-ID:
	       <DC5EB591689C7B478D9B310B08778D65BE6F61 at stcexcpmb03.corp.star>
	Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
	
	We'll be having 2 meetings this month -
	
	
	
	Wed. Sept 7 at MS Waltham  6:30
	
	Adriel Desautels -  Differences between Web Application Penetration
	Testing and Vulnerability Scanning
	
	
	
	Adriel T. Desautels is the President and CTO of Netragard, LLC. Among
	other things Adriel specializes in the delivery of advanced, high-threat
	anti-hacking services and covert network penetration methodologies.
	Prior to founding Netragard Adriel founded the internationally
	recognized SNOsoft Research Team, which quickly became the think tank
	for Secure Network Operations, Inc. Today SNOsoft is owned and operated
	by Netragard LLC.
	
	Adriel also has extensive experience and expertise in the design and
	deployment of sophisticated Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention
	(IDS/IPS) systems. In early 2002 Adriel designed an IDS/IPS technology
	with powerful event correlation capabilities capable of accurately
	identifying real events buried in a high volume of noise. That
	technology was later acquired by a private third party. As a result of
	his expertise Adriel has acted as an expert witness in U.S. Federal
	Court.
	
	Today Adriel's responsibilities at Netragard include but are not limited
	to the design and management of all of Netragard's professional
	services. Adriel's secondary responsibility is to run and maintain
	Netragard's Exploit Acquisition Program (EAP). EAP is designed to
	acquire bleeding edge, high value research and intelligence from the
	hacking community
	
	
	
	
	
	Wed. Sept 14, Jobspring offices, 545 Boyleston St. 6th floor,  Boston
	
	Dinis Cruz
	
	OWASP O2 Platform
	Dinis Cruz
	
	The O2 Platform is focused on automating application security knowledge
	and workflows. It is specifically designed for developers and security
	consultants to be able to perform quick, effective and thorough source
	code-driven application security reviews (blackbox + whitebox). In
	addition to the manual findings created/discovered by security
	consultants, the OWASP O2 Platform allows the easy consumption of
	results from multiple OWASP projects and commercial scanning tools. This
	allows security consultants to find, exploit and automate (via Unit
	Tests) security vulnerabilities usually dismissed by the community as
	impossible to find/recreate. More importantly, it provides security
	consultants a mechanism to: (a) "talk" with developers (via UnitTest),
	(b) give developers a way to replicate + "check if it's fixed" the
	vulnerabilities reported and (c) engage in a two-way conversion on the
	best way to fix/remediate those vulnerabilities. For more details
	seehttps://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_O2_Platform
	<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_O2_Platform> , to download binary
	or source goto http://code.google.com/p/o2platform/downloads/list
	<http://code.google.com/p/o2platform/downloads/list>
	
	Bio
	Dinis Cruz is a Security Consultant based in London (UK) and specialized
	in: ASP.NET/J2EE Application Security, Application Security audits and
	.NET Security Curriculum Development.
	For the past couple years Dinis has focused on the field of Static
	Source Code Analysis and Dynamic Website Assessments (aka penetration
	testing), and is the main developer of the OWASP O2 Platform which is an
	Open Source project that is focused on 'Automating Security Consultants
	Knowledge/Workflows' and 'Allowing non-security experts to access and
	consume Security Knowledge'. Dinis is currently focused on making the O2
	Platform the industry standard for consuming, instrumenting and
	data-sharing between: the multiple WebAppSec tools, the Security
	consultants and the final users (from management to developers).
	(https://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Dinis.cruz
	<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Dinis.cruz> )
	
	
	
	
	
	Jim Weiler       CISSP   CSSLP   GSSP - Java
	
	Sr. Mgr.  Information Security Risk Assessment
	
	Starwood Hotels      1505 Washington St.   Braintree MA. 02184
	
	desk - 781 356 0067 <tel:781%20356%200067> 
	
	mobile - 7816546048
	
	
	
	
	
	
	
	Message: 2
	Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 20:18:05 +0800
	From: HaoQi Li <haoqili at mit.edu>
	Subject: Re: [Owasp-boston] OWASP Boston two Sept mtgs - 7th at MS
	       Waltham, 14th in Boston
	To: "Weiler, Jim" <Jim.Weiler at starwoodhotels.com>
	Cc: announcements-boston at naisg.org, owasp-boston at lists.owasp.org
	Message-ID:
	       <CABnD_WnipXtrPru9UGgnr3gBc8s3+Y=6pMtoUwMf7iyquKkLPQ at mail.gmail.com>
	Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"
	
	Hi,
	I would like to attend the meetings, but I'm a student at MIT without a car.
	If anyone is driving from Cambridge, may I get a ride?
	Thanks.
	HaoQi
	
	On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 4:04 AM, Weiler, Jim
	<Jim.Weiler at starwoodhotels.com>wrote:
	
	>  We?ll be having 2 meetings this month ? ****
	>
	> ** **
	>
	> Wed. Sept 7 at MS Waltham  6:30****
	>
	> Adriel Desautels ?  Differences between Web Application Penetration Testing
	> and Vulnerability Scanning****
	>
	> ** **
	>
	> Adriel T. Desautels is the President and CTO of Netragard, LLC. Among other
	> things Adriel specializes in the delivery of advanced, high-threat
	> anti-hacking services and covert network penetration methodologies. Prior to
	> founding Netragard Adriel founded the internationally recognized SNOsoft
	> Research Team, which quickly became the think tank for Secure Network
	> Operations, Inc. Today SNOsoft is owned and operated by Netragard LLC.
	>
	> Adriel also has extensive experience and expertise in the design and
	> deployment of sophisticated Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention
	> (IDS/IPS) systems. In early 2002 Adriel designed an IDS/IPS technology with
	> powerful event correlation capabilities capable of accurately identifying
	> real events buried in a high volume of noise. That technology was later
	> acquired by a private third party. As a result of his expertise Adriel has
	> acted as an expert witness in U.S. Federal Court.
	>
	> Today Adriel?s responsibilities at Netragard include but are not limited to
	> the design and management of all of Netragard?s professional services.
	> Adriel?s secondary responsibility is to run and maintain Netragard?s Exploit
	> Acquisition Program (EAP). EAP is designed to acquire bleeding edge, high
	> value research and intelligence from the hacking community****
	>
	> ** **
	>
	> ** **
	>
	> Wed. Sept 14, Jobspring offices, 545 Boyleston St. 6th floor,  Boston****
	>
	> Dinis Cruz****
	>
	> *OWASP O2 Platform*
	> *Dinis Cruz*****
	>
	> The O2 Platform is focused on automating application security knowledge and
	> workflows. It is specifically designed for developers and security
	> consultants to be able to perform quick, effective and thorough source
	> code-driven application security reviews (blackbox + whitebox). In addition
	> to the manual findings created/discovered by security consultants, the OWASP
	> O2 Platform allows the easy consumption of results from multiple OWASP
	> projects and commercial scanning tools. This allows security consultants to
	> find, exploit and automate (via Unit Tests) security vulnerabilities usually
	> dismissed by the community as impossible to find/recreate. More importantly,
	> it provides security consultants a mechanism to: (a) "talk" with developers
	> (via UnitTest), (b) give developers a way to replicate + "check if it's
	> fixed" the vulnerabilities reported and (c) engage in a two-way conversion
	> on the best way to fix/remediate those vulnerabilities. For more details see
	> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_O2_Platform, to download binary or
	> source goto http://code.google.com/p/o2platform/downloads/list****
	>
	> *Bio*
	> Dinis Cruz is a Security Consultant based in London (UK) and specialized
	> in: ASP.NET/J2EE <http://asp.net/J2EE> Application Security, Application
	> Security audits and .NET Security Curriculum Development.
	> For the past couple years Dinis has focused on the field of Static Source
	> Code Analysis and Dynamic Website Assessments (aka penetration testing), and
	> is the main developer of the OWASP O2 Platform which is an Open Source
	> project that is focused on 'Automating Security Consultants
	> Knowledge/Workflows' and 'Allowing non-security experts to access and
	> consume Security Knowledge'. Dinis is currently focused on making the O2
	> Platform the industry standard for consuming, instrumenting and data-sharing
	> between: the multiple WebAppSec tools, the Security consultants and the
	> final users (from management to developers).
	> (https://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Dinis.cruz)****
	>
	> ** **
	>
	> ** **
	>
	> Jim Weiler       CISSP   CSSLP   GSSP - Java****
	>
	> Sr. Mgr.  Information Security Risk Assessment****
	>
	> Starwood Hotels      1505 Washington St.   Braintree MA. 02184****
	>
	> desk - 781 356 0067 <tel:781%20356%200067> ****
	>
	> mobile - 7816546048****
	>
	> ** **
	
	


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-boston/attachments/20110907/b3ecb31e/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the Owasp-boston mailing list