[Owasp-boston] OWASP Boston - Special additional meeting - 8:00 pm - Thurs. 3/29

Weiler, Jim Jim.Weiler at Staples.com
Fri Mar 23 10:30:14 EDT 2007

Dinis Cruz,  Chief OWASP Evangelist - Direct from London. You may have seen
the emails that Dinis sends out to the OWASP membership on various OWASP
topics.  Dinis will be in Boston on Thursday and wanted to present to and
meet the local members, so I'm setting up an additional meeting at our usual
place.  This is a great chance to learn about all the tools, information and
projects OWASP has to offer.  Dinis will present 2 topics -
*	Buffer Overflows on .Net and Asp.Net - One of the common myths about
the .Net Framework is that it is immune to Buffer Overflows. Although this
might be correct in pure managed and verifiable .Net code, large percentage
of .Net and Asp.Net applications code is unmanaged code. In this talk Dinis
will show the areas in .Net and Asp.Net applications that are vulnerable to
Buffer Overflows (including the demo of a .Net Buffer Overflow Fuzzer).

*	OWASP, the Open Web Application Security Project - The Open Web
Application Security Project (OWASP) is an open community dedicated to
enabling organizations to develop, purchase, and maintain applications that
can be trusted. All of the OWASP tools, documents, blogs, and chapters are
free and open to anyone interested in improving application security. In
this presentation Dinis will show the latest guides and tools from OWASP
which should be part of every company's security efforts.

TIME - 8:00 PM       (Dinis is arriving at Logan at 6:30)

Location:
Microsoft offices at the Waltham Weston Corporate Center, 201 Jones Rd.,
Sixth Floor Waltham, MA

Directions:
>From Rt. 128 North take exit 26 toward Waltham, East up the hill on Rt. 20.
>From Rt 128 South take exit 26 but go around the rotary to get to 20 East to
Waltham. Follow signs for Rt. 117 (left at the second light). When you get
to 117 turn left (West). You will cross back over Rt. 128.
Jones Rd. (look for the Waltham Weston Corporate Center sign) is the second
left, at a blinking yellow light, on Rt. 117 going west about 0.1 miles from
Rt. 128 (I95). The office building is at the bottom of Jones Rd. You can
park in the rear parking lot by turning right just before the building. Go
in the rear entrance, you might have to knock on the door to get the guard
to let you in.
The room is MPR C.

More information at http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Boston
<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Boston>