[Owasp-boston] OWASP Boston Wed. 1/3 Mtg.

Weiler, Jim Jim.Weiler at Staples.com
Tue Jan 2 12:26:40 EST 2007

*******************************
Next meeting is 6:30 pm on Wed. Jan 3, 2007

ToolTalk - Jim Weiler.
I'll be showing the CookieDigger logon cookie analyser tool from Foundstone.

Speaker: Dave Low, Sr. Engineer, RSA Security division of EMC
Topic: Tips from the Trenches: working with cryptography and key management
in applications.
Dave Low, Sr. engineer from RSA will share his experiences working with
customers (who will remain nameless), talking about successes and not so
successes, good practices and not so good practices. This is not crypto 101
or 300 or an RSA product discussion; but practical advice and anecdotes.
While Dave obviously works for RSA, the customer problems, successes and
good practices are really product independent. Dave will briefly cover the
basics of whatever crypto technology is involved in each example so everyone
can understand the example.
I'll also be prepared to talk about my experiences writing an enterprise
encryption standard and guidance
document, retrofitting encryption to existing data and web applications,
encryption options available in various web application frameworks and other
enterprise web application data encryption topics.

I'll also have Microsoft software to give away.

Pizza will be provided by ????

Location:
Microsoft offices at the Waltham Weston Corporate Center, 201 Jones Rd.,
Sixth Floor Waltham, MA

Directions:
>From Rt. 128 North take exit 26 toward Waltham, East up the hill on Rt. 20.
>From Rt 128 South take exit 26 but go around the rotary to get to 20 East to
Waltham. Follow signs for Rt. 117 (left at the second light). When you get
to 117 turn left (West). You will cross back over Rt. 128.
Jones Rd. (look for the Waltham Weston Corporate Center sign) is the second
left, at a blinking yellow light, on Rt. 117 going west about 0.1 miles from
Rt. 128 (I95). The office building is at the bottom of Jones Rd. You can
park in the rear parking lot by turning right just before the building. Go
in the rear entrance, you might have to knock on the door to get the guard
to let you in.
The room is MPR C.

More information at http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Boston
<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Boston>
**********************************
CISSPs - Each meeting counts for 2 CPEs. You can decide on whether it would
be type A or B and the domain.
Meeting attendance verification forms available at each meeting from Jim.

*******************************
O'Reilly Books Group Discount
Get 30% off a single book or 35% off two or more books from O'Reilly, No
Starch, Paraglyph, PC Publishing, Pragmatic Bookshelf, SitePoint, or
Syngress books you purchase directly from O'Reilly. Just use code DSUG when
ordering online or by phone 800-998-9938. Free ground shipping on orders
$29.95 or more in the US.

Jim Weiler CISSP
Staples North American Delivery
Application Security Architect