[Owasp-boston] Wed Oct 4 meeting

Weiler, Jim Jim.Weiler at Staples.com
Tue Sep 26 12:08:28 EDT 2006

*******************************
Next meeting is 6:30 pm on Wed. Oct. 4

Tool Talk - WebScarab  proxy from OWASP
Speaker - Jim Weiler

Main Topic: A Recent Evaluation of Web Application Firewalls
According to Forrester's January 2006 user survey of 83 technology decision
makers regarding securing personal data, preventing web site breaches is a
high priority for over 75% of IT decision-makers. Web application firewalls
are a necessary complement to your existing infrastructure protections to
stop these attacks. Forrester evaluated seven offerings in this space, one
Open Source project, and 6 commercial offerings, and will share our findings
in this presentation.

(Jim W comment - web application firewalls have been added to the latest PCI
requirements as 1 of 2 mechanisms for meeting requirement 6.6)

Speaker: Michael Gavin,  Senior analyst - Forrester Research

Not sure about Pizza

Location:
Microsoft offices at the Waltham Weston Corporate Center, 201 Jones Rd.,
Sixth Floor Waltham, MA

Directions:
>From Rt. 128 North take exit 26 toward Waltham, East up the hill on Rt. 20.
>From Rt 128 South take exit 26 but go around the rotary to get to 20 East to
Waltham. Follow signs for Rt. 117 (left at the second light). When you get
to 117 turn left (West). You will cross back over Rt. 128.
Jones Rd. (look for the Waltham Weston Corporate Center sign) is the second
left, at a blinking yellow light, on Rt. 117 going west about 0.1 miles from
Rt. 128 (I95). The office building is at the bottom of Jones Rd. You can
park in the rear parking lot by turning right just before the building. Go
in the rear entrance, you might have to knock on the door to get the guard
to let you in.
The room is MPR C.

More information at http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Boston
<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Boston>
**********************************
CISSPs - Each meeting counts for 2 CPEs. You can decide on whether it would
be type A or B and the domain.
Meeting attendance verification forms available at each meeting from Jim.

*******************************
O'Reilly Books Group Discount
Get 30% off a single book or 35% off two or more books from O'Reilly, No
Starch, Paraglyph, PC Publishing, Pragmatic Bookshelf, SitePoint, or
Syngress books you purchase directly from O'Reilly. Just use code DSUG when
ordering online or by phone 800-998-9938. Free ground shipping on orders
$29.95 or more in the US.

Jim Weiler
Staples North American Delivery
Application Security Architect