[Owasp-boston] OWASP Boston June 7 mtg

Weiler, Jim Jim.Weiler at Staples.com
Fri Jun 2 10:13:30 EDT 2006

*******************************
Next meeting is 6:30 pm on Wed. June. 7

6:30 pm - Jim Weiler - Announcements, Short Topic - Web Server Get/Post
interchangeable processing and vulnerability implications

7:00 Imperva - Web Application and Database Vulnerabilities and Intrusion
Monitoring/Prevention
This will be a live Application and Database hacking demonstration on a live
web site that was created specifically for this purpose. This web site is
sitting behind a market leading Firewall, and the applications running it
were designed by a third party firm that specializes in creating on-line
shopping applications. Discussion will include many real life examples of
penetration tests that we have conducted.
JW - this tool can be used as a non-intrusive HTTP request rules engine, to
look at any part of the request as well as the response; and as a
non-intrusive database request rules engine. Even if malicious requests get
thru your app thay can be stopped before entering the database.

8:15 - Using Paros Proxy Server as a Web Application Vulnerability tool -
Part 3 analysing saved sessions; Paros utilities

Pizza will be provided by Imperva

Location:
Microsoft offices at the Waltham Weston Corporate Center, 201 Jones Rd.,
Sixth Floor Waltham, MA

Directions:
>From Rt. 128 North take exit 26 toward Waltham, East up the hill on Rt. 20.
>From Rt 128 South take exit 26 but go around the rotary to get to 20 East to
Waltham. Follow signs for Rt. 117 (left at the second light). When you get
to 117 turn left (West). You will cross back over Rt. 128.
Jones Rd. (look for the Waltham Weston Corporate Center sign) is the second
left, at a blinking yellow light, on Rt. 117 going west about 0.1 miles from
Rt. 128 (I95). The office building is at the bottom of Jones Rd.
The room is MPR C.

More information at http://www.owasp.org/local/boston.html
<http://www.owasp.org/local/boston.html>

*******************************
O'Reilly Books Group Discount
Get 30% off a single book or 35% off two or more books from O'Reilly, No
Starch, Paraglyph, PC Publishing, Pragmatic Bookshelf, SitePoint, or
Syngress books you purchase directly from O'Reilly. Just use code DSUG when
ordering online or by phone 800-998-9938. Free ground shipping on orders
$29.95 or more in the US.

******
No Meetings July or August

Jim Weiler