<html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel" xmlns:p="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:powerpoint" xmlns:a="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:access" xmlns:dt="uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882" xmlns:s="uuid:BDC6E3F0-6DA3-11d1-A2A3-00AA00C14882" xmlns:rs="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:rowset" xmlns:z="#RowsetSchema" xmlns:b="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:publisher" xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet" xmlns:c="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:component:spreadsheet" xmlns:odc="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:odc" xmlns:oa="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:activation" xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:q="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:rtc="http://microsoft.com/officenet/conferencing" xmlns:D="DAV:" xmlns:Repl="http://schemas.microsoft.com/repl/" xmlns:mt="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/meetings/" xmlns:x2="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/excel/2003/xml" xmlns:ppda="http://www.passport.com/NameSpace.xsd" xmlns:ois="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/ois/" xmlns:dir="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/directory/" xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" xmlns:dsp="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/dsp" xmlns:udc="http://schemas.microsoft.com/data/udc" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:sub="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/2002/1/alerts/" xmlns:ec="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#" xmlns:sp="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/" xmlns:sps="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:udcs="http://schemas.microsoft.com/data/udc/soap" xmlns:udcxf="http://schemas.microsoft.com/data/udc/xmlfile" xmlns:udcp2p="http://schemas.microsoft.com/data/udc/parttopart" xmlns:wf="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/workflow/" xmlns:dsss="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/digsig-setup" xmlns:dssi="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/digsig" xmlns:mdssi="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/package/2006/digital-signature" xmlns:mver="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns:mrels="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/package/2006/relationships" xmlns:spwp="http://microsoft.com/sharepoint/webpartpages" xmlns:ex12t="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types" xmlns:ex12m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/messages" xmlns:pptsl="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/SlideLibrary/" xmlns:spsl="http://microsoft.com/webservices/SharePointPortalServer/PublishedLinksService" xmlns:Z="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:" xmlns:st="" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

<head>
<meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 12 (filtered medium)">
<style>
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
        {font-family:Wingdings;
        panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Tahoma;
        panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Consolas;
        panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0cm;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:purple;
        text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        mso-style-link:"Plain Text Char";
        margin:0cm;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:10.5pt;
        font-family:Consolas;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
        margin:0cm;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:8.0pt;
        font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph
        {mso-style-priority:34;
        margin-top:0cm;
        margin-right:0cm;
        margin-bottom:0cm;
        margin-left:36.0pt;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
span.PlainTextChar
        {mso-style-name:"Plain Text Char";
        mso-style-priority:99;
        mso-style-link:"Plain Text";
        font-family:Consolas;}
span.BalloonTextChar
        {mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
        mso-style-priority:99;
        mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
        font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle21
        {mso-style-type:personal-reply;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
        color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-size:10.0pt;}
@page Section1
        {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
        margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.Section1
        {page:Section1;}
 /* List Definitions */
 @list l0
        {mso-list-id:106311603;
        mso-list-type:hybrid;
        mso-list-template-ids:-1396420324 844673486 134807555 134807557 134807553 134807555 134807557 134807553 134807555 134807557;}
@list l0:level1
        {mso-level-start-at:0;
        mso-level-number-format:bullet;
        mso-level-text:-;
        mso-level-tab-stop:none;
        mso-level-number-position:left;
        text-indent:-18.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
        mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;
        mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
@list l1
        {mso-list-id:839082519;
        mso-list-type:hybrid;
        mso-list-template-ids:-2094908134 1258875050 134807555 134807557 134807553 134807555 134807557 134807553 134807555 134807557;}
@list l1:level1
        {mso-level-start-at:0;
        mso-level-number-format:bullet;
        mso-level-text:-;
        mso-level-tab-stop:none;
        mso-level-number-position:left;
        text-indent:-18.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
        mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;
        mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
ol
        {margin-bottom:0cm;}
ul
        {margin-bottom:0cm;}
-->
</style>
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
  <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
 </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>

<body lang=EN-GB link=blue vlink=purple>

<div class=Section1>

<p class=MsoNormal><span style='color:#1F497D'>I was precisely on my way to
create a couple of wiki templates to articulate a process that seems to me very
similar to what Jason is proposing.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><span style='color:#1F497D'><o:p> </o:p></span></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><span style='color:#1F497D'>I’ve started off on the newly
created ‘request for services template’ and was thinking in the following
tabs:<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><span style='color:#1F497D'><o:p> </o:p></span></p>

<p class=MsoListParagraph style='text-indent:-18.0pt;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo2'><![if !supportLists]><span
style='color:#1F497D'><span style='mso-list:Ignore'>-<span style='font:7.0pt "Times New Roman"'>         
</span></span></span><![endif]><span style='color:#1F497D'>Request For
Proposals – (Project  Leadership need description)</span><span
style='color:#1F497D'><o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=MsoListParagraph style='text-indent:-18.0pt;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo2'><![if !supportLists]><span
style='color:#1F497D'><span style='mso-list:Ignore'>-<span style='font:7.0pt "Times New Roman"'>         
</span></span></span><![endif]><span style='color:#1F497D'>Applications (Applicant
name + Roadmap)<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=MsoListParagraph style='text-indent:-18.0pt;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo2'><![if !supportLists]><span
style='color:#1F497D'><span style='mso-list:Ignore'>-<span style='font:7.0pt "Times New Roman"'>         
</span></span></span><![endif]><span style='color:#1F497D'>GPC’s recommendation<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=MsoListParagraph style='text-indent:-18.0pt;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo2'><![if !supportLists]><span
style='color:#1F497D'><span style='mso-list:Ignore'>-<span style='font:7.0pt "Times New Roman"'>         
</span></span></span><![endif]><span style='color:#1F497D'>OWASP Board’s
decision.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><span style='color:#1F497D'><o:p> </o:p></span></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><span style='color:#1F497D'>I have already talked with Dinis
and while I support Jason’s vision that we should only be ‘posting
these roadmaps to the OWASP wiki until *after* the submission deadline’,
he disagrees. <o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><span style='color:#1F497D'><o:p> </o:p></span></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><span style='color:#1F497D'><a
href="http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Seeking_New_Project_Leader_For/ASVS">http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Seeking_New_Project_Leader_For/ASVS</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><span style='color:#1F497D'><o:p> </o:p></span></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><span style='color:#1F497D'><a
href="http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Request_for_Proposals/Training_Manager">http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Request_for_Proposals/Training_Manager</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><span style='color:#1F497D'><o:p> </o:p></span></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><span style='color:#1F497D'>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><span style='color:#1F497D'><o:p> </o:p></span></p>

<div>

<p class=MsoNormal><span style='color:#1F497D'>Paulo Coimbra,<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=MsoNormal><span lang=PT style='color:#1F497D'><a
href="https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page"><span lang=EN-GB
style='color:blue'>OWASP Project Manager</span></a></span><span
style='color:#1F497D'><o:p></o:p></span></p>

</div>

<p class=MsoNormal><span style='color:#1F497D'><o:p> </o:p></span></p>

<div style='border:none;border-left:solid blue 1.5pt;padding:0cm 0cm 0cm 4.0pt'>

<div>

<div style='border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm 0cm 0cm'>

<p class=MsoNormal><b><span lang=EN-US style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:
"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span></b><span lang=EN-US style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> li.jason.c@gmail.com
[mailto:li.jason.c@gmail.com] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Jason Li<br>
<b>Sent:</b> terça-feira, 27 de Julho de 2010 21:05<br>
<b>To:</b> Dave Wichers<br>
<b>Cc:</b> dinis cruz; Paulo Coimbra; Eoin; Andrew van der Stock; OWASP
Foundation Board List; Brad Causey; Jeff Williams; Leo Cavallari; Matt Tesauro;
Pravir Chandra<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Owasp-board] ASVS needs a new leader<o:p></o:p></span></p>

</div>

</div>

<p class=MsoNormal><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>*Because* it's such a flagship project, I personally
think that it would be a good idea to get someone from outside the Board and
the global committees to lead the ASVS. I think it's important to show that
becoming a big project leader @ OWASP is not tied to being in the exclusive
Board/Committee club.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>Obviously we need to balance the need to ensure quality
in one of our flagship projects, and certainly original authors and
contributors should stay involved. Perhaps we can revive the "Mentor"
role that we never really finished flushing out with the GPC for this purpose?<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>I believe the process for choosing the new project
leader(s) should follow roughly the same process as creating a new project.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>Specifically, the potential project lead should submit a
Project Roadmap for where they would like to take the project, their goals, an
outline of reasonable depth to show how they plan to get there, etc.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>In the past, since there has not been an outpouring of
people rushing to lead an inactive project, we have not had to go through a
formal evaluation of roadmaps. But since there are multiple people vying for
project leadership, we should solicit these roadmaps and evaluate them as the
Board/GPC as appropriate.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>I would suggest that we establish a due date and have
applicants submit their roadmap to Paulo before then. (Note I would not support
posting these roadmaps to the OWASP wiki until *after* the submission deadline
to prevent blatant copy and paste of ideas/agendas by applicants). We can
review these and choose a project leader (or two) and appoint relevant project
mentors (we should also set a date to announce this by). I personally would
advocate have fewer leaders over many --- too many cooks in the pot is just a
recipe for bogging down progress in my opinion.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>My $0.02 (or equivalent world currency).<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>-Jason<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Dave Wichers <<a
href="mailto:dave.wichers@owasp.org">dave.wichers@owasp.org</a>> wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> I already volunteered and Eoin was agreeable (since
he volunteered <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> too) but if there is enough activity on the project
to warrant a team <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> of leaders, that’s perfectly fine with me.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> -Dave<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> From: dinis cruz [mailto:dinis.cruz@owasp.org]<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 12:49 PM<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> To: Paulo Coimbra<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Cc: Dave Wichers; Eoin; Andrew van der Stock; OWASP
Foundation Board <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> List; Brad Causey; Jason Li; Jeff Williams; Leo
Cavallari; Matt <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Tesauro; Pravir Chandra<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Subject: Re: [Owasp-board] ASVS needs a new leader<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Since Tom sent out his 'we need a new leader for
ASVS' in Linked in:<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> "#3 - HELP WANTED - We are seeking a new
project leader for OWASP <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> ASVS, if you want to help us change the world of
application security <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> we could use your help in this volunteer role."<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> <a
href="http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswers?trk=view_disc&gid=36874&commentID">http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswers?trk=view_disc&gid=36874&commentID</a><o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> =-1&viewQuestionAndAnswers=&discussionID=25691211<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> ...which generated a number of potential
applications, we need to take <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> this oportunity to define some methodology (which
Paulo is working on) <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> for leaders to be appointed to mature OWASP
projects.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Given the current state of affairs, and the type of
project that ASVS <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> is, we are probably looking at having a joint
leadership of at least 4 <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> leaders (if not 5 co-leaders to allow for majority
voting)<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Dinis<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> On 27 July 2010 16:27, Paulo Coimbra <<a
href="mailto:paulo.coimbra@owasp.org">paulo.coimbra@owasp.org</a>> wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Dave, Eoin, Andrew, GPC and Board,<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> I am currently working on a general methodology to
deal with this kind <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> of issues. I will do my best to have it concluded
today. If you agree, <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> as soon as it is ready, I will send it off for your
assessment.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Paulo Coimbra,<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> OWASP Project Manager<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> From: Dave Wichers [mailto:dave.wichers@owasp.org]<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Sent: terça-feira, 27 de Julho de 2010 16:27<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> To: 'Eoin'<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Cc: 'Andrew van der Stock'; 'Paulo Coimbra'<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Subject: RE: [Owasp-board] ASVS needs a new leader<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Thanks Eoin. I appreciate your willingness to step
into the breach and <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> certainly if you have any specific ideas for moving
ASVS forward that <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> you want to participate in, please let me know.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> I’ll update the wiki page to indicate who the
current leader is. <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Paulo, if you want to indicate on the leaders list
that we have <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> ‘changed our mind’, please do, or I can
if you like.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Thanks, Dave<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> From: eoinkeary@gmail.com
[mailto:eoinkeary@gmail.com] On Behalf Of <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Eoin<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 10:57 AM<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> To: Dave Wichers<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Cc: Andrew van der Stock; Paulo Coimbra<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Subject: Re: [Owasp-board] ASVS needs a new leader<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> There is no transparency issue here that I see
(forgive the pun)<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Dave seen as you are one of the original leaders I
shall give way to <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> your decision to lead this.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> I simply did not want someone with no track record
leading such an <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> important guide/checklist<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Eoin<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> On 27 July 2010 14:25, Dave Wichers <<a
href="mailto:dave.wichers@owasp.org">dave.wichers@owasp.org</a>> wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> I don’t mind transparency. Most projects are
led by their lead <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> contributors and if the current lead steps aside I
would certainly <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> expect the other lead contributors to be offered the
position first. I <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> was on vacation last week so wasn’t really
paying much attention to <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> emails. When I got back yesterday I talked it over
with Jeff and <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> that’s why you first heard about this from me.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> I certainly would love to have others like you and
Eoin and Christian <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> contribute to the project if we want to move it
forward somehow, and <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> if the project gets too big for me to handle, and
someone like Eoin or <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> whomever wants to lead that larger effort because I
chose to step <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> aside I’m OK with that too.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> -Dave<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> From: Andrew van der Stock
[mailto:vanderaj@gmail.com]<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 8:55 PM<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> To: Dave Wichers<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Cc: 'Eoin'; 'Paulo Coimbra'<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Subject: Re: [Owasp-board] ASVS needs a new leader<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Hi Dave,<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Although in broad strokes I support your decision,
I'd really like the <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> process OWASP uses to change leadership to be a bit
more transparent <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> and consistent than this.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> I know the ASVS grew out of the Aspect checklist,
and realistically it <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> would be nice to have one of the original authors
work on the project, <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> I just want to make sure everyone is aware of how the
project is <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> changing hands and that it is as transparent as
possible, and it's the <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> same process for all change overs.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> thanks,<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Andrew<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> On 27/07/2010, at 6:48 AM, Dave Wichers wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Eoin,<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> If you don’t mind, I’ll volunteer to
lead the ASVS project in Mike’s stead.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> This project, like the Top 10 in my opinion, is
something that <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> probably won’t change much except once every
2-3 years.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> I’m one of the original authors, along with
Jeff, so I figure it would <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> be best for he or I to lead it.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> That OK with you? Regardless, did you have any
specific things you <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> wanted done with the ASVS project that haven’t
happened already? I’m <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> encouraging alignment of the 3 guides with ASVS
already and that seems <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> to be moving forward.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> -Dave<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> From: owasp-board-bounces@lists.owasp.org <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> [mailto:owasp-board-bounces@lists.owasp.org] On
Behalf Of Paulo <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Coimbra<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Sent: Friday, July 23, 2010 1:27 PM<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> To: 'OWASP Foundation Board List'; 'Global
Projects Committee'; 'Eoin'<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Cc: 'Andrew van der Stock'<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Subject: Re: [Owasp-board] ASVS needs a new
leader<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> In terms of new leadership, is this issue solved and
closed?<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Paulo Coimbra,<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> OWASP Project Manager<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> From: Eoin [mailto:eoinkeary@gmail.com]<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Sent: sexta-feira, 23 de Julho de 2010 12:29<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> To: Paulo Coimbra<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Cc: Global Projects Committee; Andrew van der
Stock; OWASP Foundation <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Board List<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Subject: Re: [Owasp-board] ASVS needs a new
leader<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> I am happy to take a part lead role in asvs if
required but ctf is <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> going to take the rest of my time.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> On 23 Jul 2010 00:29, "Paulo Coimbra" <<a
href="mailto:paulo.coimbra@owasp.org">paulo.coimbra@owasp.org</a>> wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Hi Andrew,<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> I will - thank you for the heads-up. I had already
put this issue to <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Board's and GPC's consideration and it seems that
Mike has indeed quit <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> OWASP and therefore a new ASVS's leadership is
needed. Please give me <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> a couple of days to deal with the matter.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Paulo Coimbra,<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> OWASP Project Manager<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>>> >-----Original Message-----<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>>> >From: Andrew van der Stock
[mailto:vanderaj@gmail.com]<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>>> >Sent: quinta-feira, 22 de Julho de 2010
23:27<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>>> >To: Paulo Coimbra<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>>> >Subject: ASVS needs a new leader<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>>> ><o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>>> >Hi Paulo,<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>>> ><o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>>> >Can you also take charge of the ASVS
project's leadership change. <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>>> >I've only got one potential person to put
their hand up, and it's <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>>> >Christian Heinrich. I think for various
reasons, we should try to <o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>>> >get more folks interested in the position.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>>> ><o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>>> >thanks,<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>>> >Andrew=<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> _______________________________________________<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Owasp-board mailing list<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> <a href="mailto:Owasp-board@lists.owasp.org">Owasp-board@lists.owasp.org</a><o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> <a
href="https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-board">https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-board</a><o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> --<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Eoin Keary<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> OWASP Global Board Member<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> OWASP Code Review Guide Lead Author<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> Sent from my i-Transmogrifier<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> <a href="http://asg.ie/">http://asg.ie/</a><o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>> <a href="https://twitter.com/EoinKeary">https://twitter.com/EoinKeary</a><o:p></o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class=MsoPlainText>><o:p> </o:p></p>

</div>

</div>

</body>

</html>