[Owasp-board] BSides Table

Sherif Mansour sherif.mansour at owasp.org
Mon Feb 4 02:02:24 UTC 2019

Hi Richard,

Our great friend Jon McCoy was the person responsible for the DefCon
t-shirts last year and if we hope to make more for B-sides it's best to
speak to him. I was pushing Karen hard last year to get this done - and I'm
delighted with the results.
We have been thinking about more swag and folks created an OWASP swag
project off the back of that.

I have manned booths before and so did Kelly with regards to collecting
memberships - usually you ask people to enter their details on an iPad or a
laptop - which goes down great in a conference full of hackers ("yes just
put your payment details here and trust me - what can go wrong!"). But
jokes aside we might get a small point of sale to process memberships maybe?

I am looking at the max B-sides sponsorships "*BSides Stellar*"
http://www.securitybsides.com/w/page/51781233/BSidesLV%20Sponsorship%20Kit
It looks like it's geared for companies looking for requirement and while
there are some perks for OWASP - most of the times we go for the
community/lower sponsorships. My personal feeling is that while we are
committed to expanding out marketing and outreach - I would go to bsides on
one of the lower sponsorships (we don't have to go all out - hackers know
who we are). My preference is to spend more engaging in a large developer
conference (e.g. Apache-Con etc..), this is more of an open question and
nothing is concrete so it's easier to focus on the devil you know.

I think the consensus is to go for it, I'm just not sure of the tier. Whats
the deadline to make a decision on this?

--

Sherif Mansour
OWASP Global Board Member & OWASP London Chapter Leader
Email: sherif.mansour at owasp.org
Follow OWASP London Chapter on Twitter: @owasplondon
<https://twitter.com/OWASPLondon>
"Like" us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OWASPLondon
Subscribe to our (lightweight) mailing list:

Consider giving back, and supporting the open source community by becoming
a member <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership> or making a donation
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Donate> today!