[Owasp-board] July Board Meeting - Proposed Discussion Topics - Sherif
sherif.mansour at owasp.org
Tue Jun 26 12:17:38 UTC 2018
I have a few agenda items I would like to add for the face to face
meetings, but before that I want to make sure we have July's board meeting
around that time as the hope is we vote on a few key issues.
For BoD meetings there are a few agend item's I would like to bring up, as
you know I campained for better corporate governance so here are a few
items I wanted to bring up:
1. *The structure of the board:*
1. Do we need more diverse views on the board? e.g. adding 1 or 2
indpependent board memebers who have difference experiences in
charities/foundations (i.e. specialise in finance/HR/Governance etc..).
2. The concern is that we have a rotating list of board memebers who
specialise in AppSec, but not necessarily the skills needed to set the
strategy for a foundation.
3. For most foundations and companies their boards are people form
diverse backgrounds for that very reason.
2. *Adding Resilence in the managment of the foundation:*
1. An ED for OWASP must be a full time epmployee.
1. If the chairperson would like to step in the role of (interim) ED
they can do so, but only if they take a full time position
(which also means resigning from their current full
2. Should we have a clause that says at any time we need a named
iterim ED incase anything goes wrong.
3. Establish a process for the interm period (either we find a new
ED, or tranistion the interm ED into the permanent role.
4. *Why?* To ensure there is good manamgnet and oversight of the
organisation and accountablity at the leadership level (i.e. we
do not want
the organisation to be headless again).
3. *Setting Scheduled Cycles for the foundation strategy:*
1. We need a process to develop, review, and adjust the strategic
direction for the foundation on a regularl basis, that is also
the BoD elections.
2. We still (as of end of June) do not have a strategy for the
foundation agreed for the foundation to execute, granted we have a few
initiatives we need to address in peice meal but we have not set the over
3. I have seen a proposal from Karen but this needs to be reviewed
and agreed with the BoD ammendments. As a board we have yet to
set one, and
I would like us to go over this during the meetings.
For the July Board meeting (which I hope is during AppSecEU), I would like
to raise two motions:
- To vote on the events strategy as discussed during the June Board
meeting & with the global community as well.
- See link for community feedback:
- To hear the foundations feedback on a global (AppSec) event in Tel
Aviv and vote on hosting an event there in 2018.
- I could urge the board to listen back to the recordings on what has
been communicated to the community.
- The recodring can be found here:
OWASP Global Board Member & OWASP London Chapter Leader
Email: sherif.mansour at owasp.org
Follow OWASP London Chapter on Twitter: @owasplondon
"Like" us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OWASPLondon
Subscribe to our (lightweight) mailing list:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-board