[Owasp-board] Fwd: Re: Checkmarx scan of OWASP ESAPI Legacy

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 05:06:14 UTC 2018

​OWASP Board,

Someone from Checkmarx has offered to use their SAST engine (CxSAST) to
scan ESAPI as long as we will allow them to mention Checkmarx helped OWASP
on ESAPI in their blog

I have no problem with this as long it doesn't come off as OWASP endorsing
Checkmarx. However I wanted to check with all of you first to ensure that
this wouldn't violate any by-laws of OWASP or be perceived as a potential
conflict of interest.

The relevant parts of the thread is included below for context.

Please advise. Thanks,

-kevin
P.S.- Matt has no objections to this either.​
--
Blog: http://off-the-wall-security.blogspot.com/  |  Twitter:  @KevinWWall
NSA: All your crypto bit are belong to us.