[Owasp-board] Disappointment

Tom Brennan - OWASP tomb at owasp.org
Thu Feb 8 15:01:33 UTC 2018

Tara thank you for the investment of your volunteer time. OWASP has grown
to what it is today because of passionate volunteers like you working on
projects, chapters and related efforts around the world that raise
visibility for software security.

FWIW the research approved in December to conduct a feasibility study
(w/3rd party assistance) to collect narrative, and prepare was never an
explicit submission of the proposal. The purpose of the meeting(s) last
night, https://www.owasp.org/index.php/February_7,_2018  **recording
available shortly was to status the project and was for prepared questions
from the BoD on the provided in advance draft.

The request to halt/stand down/stop/do not submit issued by the
Chairman and that's ok.
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2018-February/018459.html

The entire board and the executive director have now seen a sprint/business
example of what is possible yielding 10M returns annually and how to think
big and improve the visibility for software security, creating jobs and
accelerating innovation. The risk/impact/operations aspects were assessed
and a decision was made by OWASP’s elected officials not to proceed on the
NYC EDC RFP https://www.nycedc.com/opportunity/cyber-nyc-rfp

Having personally been elected by this community and having served on the
board for (10) years it's not an easy extra volunteer job. So I understand
that it was discussed and a majority of elected officials, desired this
action. Now they must stand united by the decisions made regardless.

Historically votes on matters are important to see:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Board_Votes

This effort has had *extreme value IMHO* and is a roadmap/stepping stone to
define the 2018+ strategic goals globally and to be cascaded locally by the
membership, projects, and chapters  https://www.owasp.org/index.
php/OWASP_Strategic_Goals

Stay tuned for the current elected official's plan for 2018

Semper Fi,
Brennan