[Owasp-board] FOR APPROVAL - Fwd: Booking Contract - OWASP Summit 20th April 2018 - Woburn Forest

Seba seba at owasp.org
Mon Sep 18 12:25:34 UTC 2017

hi Josh,

See inline below

Seba

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 4:53 AM Josh Sokol <josh.sokol at owasp.org> wrote:

> Do we have $50k of chapter/project money already donated to this?  Is that
> comparable to what was donated by chapters and projects for the 2017 summit?

no donations yet.
this year we received $34.5k
for 2018 we estimate an increase because of a longer "lead time" to promote
and we can show the success based on 2017.

> How did we come up with the $175k number for paid attendees?  How many
> $people x $cost_to_attend?  I don't see anyplace where that is calculated.

This is a rough estimate based on increased paid attendees.
Based on 2017 success + more time to promote + extra "user" tracks

> I also think we should rule out the $100k for travel expenses until we
> have a clear picture on what revenue will be like for the conference,
> especially in terms of sponsorships and chapter/project donations.

definitely: we will only spend this upon materialisation of the income

> It says that this DOES NOT include a separately requested seed fund.  How
> much was requested and what was it requested for that would not be included
> in what is budgeted for here?

we request the 100K seed fund to cover the travel expenses without having
to wait for the income.
but even with the seed fund, we aim to at least break even.