[Owasp-board] Summit

Seba seba at owasp.org
Sun Oct 1 16:46:06 UTC 2017

Hi Matt, board,

Although we understand there are budgetary challenges, we regret that the
board does not support the 2018 summit.
We believe this is core to the owasp mission and produces tangible outcomes
for the projects and our community.
The main reason for the summit success is organizing it separately from an
appsec conference (too many other obligations and distractions).

We will continue to organize the summit and start raising sponsoring
income, project/chapter support and tickets.
We are adjusting our ambitions, will start small and fund/contract our
lodges/venue with income in the coming months.

*I hope we can still count on your support and invite you to organize a
board meeting during the week of 23-27 April 2018 in Woburn, UK at the
summit?*

Regarding the financial outcome of the 2017 summit:
I spend some time digging through the quickbooks extracts together with
Tom. We already had one meeting and are scheduling a follow up meeting.
Accounting (Alison/Virtual) missed transfers from the outreach funds +
there is a big mismatch on center parcs invoices and the accounting entries.
We are actually break even and did not use any seed fund!
I spend my volunteer time tracking all income/expenses and have evidence
for our actuals, whereas the quickbook entries are questionable to say the
least.
This is more worrying to me than having financial support for the summit.

Kind regards,

Seba & the OWASP Summit team