[Owasp-board] Tom - Re: The END - Re: Reputation - Re: A shame: OWASP event in Barcelona...

Tom Brennan - OWASP tomb at owasp.org
Fri Nov 10 13:46:38 UTC 2017

Albert just be sure to get it correct

#1 your concern is with a local chapter and its local meeting of a chapter
meeting specifically you do not like the individual who was selected by the
chapter leader(s)

As your aware, the owasp foundation has hundreds of chapters around the
world small and large managed by volunteers and the chapter handbook is the
guidelines provided to you previously we manage to with the assistance of
(1) full time employee and the community members like you.

Violations and complaints shall be managed to
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Chapter_Handbook

Having a controversal person present at a meeting is not a violation of
anything.

#2 your concern is NOT about the global foundation extending membership to
a individual or a AppSec Conference such as a global event produced by the
foundation employees such as AppSecEU.org or AppSecUSA.Org rather you don’t
like something and have a very very strong opinion of it and your making
demands

#3 we have had issues before and will have them again. The resiliency of
the people in the community is what makes OWASP strong not a wiki...

1 example of many public issues at Owasp
https://amp.ibtimes.co.uk/lulzsec-fbi-anonymous-hacker-irish-security-312014

#4  Your concerns have been noted

@Vincente do you have a public reply to Albert for the record?

Do you want to put Albert on the panel to debate with your panelist about
software security looks like would be a lively panel.