[Owasp-board] Membership - Re: A shame: OWASP event in Barcelona...

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Fri Nov 10 13:21:40 UTC 2017

Albert,

As a former chapter leader, myself, I have been heavily involved in
obtaining chapter sponsorships.  I can absolutely attest that it's not as
easy to get sponsorship dollars as you assert.  That said, I agree that
diversification of the chapter sponsors is in the Chapter's best interests
and am delighted to hear that you are interested in helping the OWASP Spain
Chapter find additional sponsors.  This sounds like a large, positive step,
in removing some of the perceived bias that you've expressed.  I'd
recommend working with Vicente to help with this initiative and this sounds
like something the OWASP Board could fully get behind.

~josh