[Owasp-board] MOTION: Bring in Scion Executive Search to Handle ED Search Process

Matt Konda matt.konda at owasp.org
Wed Jun 28 03:00:05 UTC 2017

I vote yes to using Scion.  I would suggest the higher fee for the longer
guarantee. (33% for 12 months)  I would also suggest that we see if Scion
is willing to negotiate on payment timelines.

All that being said, I would further suggest that we write in an exclusion
and exception for any candidates that are already contacting us or that
Virtual provides before July 1.  If needed, we should expedite review for
those candidates to try to clear the air for Scion to move forward in July.

I think we have struggled with this long enough and would best serve the
community and staff by leveraging 3rd party help to find a strong
independently verified ED.  I find the proposal and track record compelling.

I also want to go on record in appreciation of the work Virtual is doing
and will continue doing to support OWASP both from a finance and operations
perspective.  In considering an alternative it is not a reflection on the
Virtual team's efforts or commitments but an effort to diversify our
support network and close a gap that has been present too long.

Thank you, Josh, for your efforts here.

Matt