[Owasp-board] SCION Executive Search

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Wed Jun 14 12:45:45 UTC 2017

Board,

I can appreciate that everyone is busy with other stuff going on right
now.  I am too.  That said, I am stalled on the ED search waiting for a
consensus on this item and we need to pick a direction.  Do we continue to
try and write job descriptions, solicit candidates, and review all
candidates ourselves or do we leverage the experience of a firm who has
done this with hundreds of other organizations similar to ours in the past,
knowing that it will cost us a fairly significant amount of money to do
so?  My recommendation, knowing that everyone has other time commitments
here as well, is that we defer to the experts to get this process rolling
ASAP.  I feel that our mistake on the first go around was that we tried to
do this ourselves, and wound up with a shortage of qualified candidates as
a result.  I would prefer not to make that same mistake again.

~josh